Jobs Club is part of our Local Employment Service. It offers a programme which helps people who are looking for work with their:
- CV and Cover Letter Preparation
- Interview Techniques including Mock Interviews
- Motivation, Confidence and Communication
The programme has been adapted to a blended-learning approach, using online workshops and self-directed learning.
The online workshops are approximately one hour long over Zoom. The self-directed learning involves each participant taking an additional 3 hours each day to allow for completion of tasks provided at the end of each workshop.
The programme contains 5 online Zoom workshops include:
Day 1. Introduction & CV Development
Day 2. Cover Letters
Day 3. CV & Job Spec Review / Analysis
Day 4. Interview Skills
Day 5. Peer Group Interviews
- Each online Zoom workshop starts at 10:00am and runs for approx. 1 hour.
Additional one-to-one support is provided (approx. 30mins per person) between 12:00pm and 1:00pm on days 1, 3, and 4 of the programme, through Zoom, email, or over the phone.
- Mock Interviews will be organised with industry professionals via Zoom
- Guest speakers will deliver talks on topics such as new trends in interview techniques and how to set up an effective LinkedIn profile
Participants will be required to do the following prior to commencing the Jobs Club Programme:
- Send us a copy of your current CV (regardless of standard)
- Send us a Job Specification for their employment area of interest (this can be a role you previously applied for or a role they wish to apply for)
- All completed Registration Forms to be fully completed, signed and returned before the programme start date
Please note: This programme has been formulated to include all the key aspects of the job seeking process from a Human Resources (HR) perspective. However, additional support can be provided in the areas of Stress Management & Well-being, Goal Setting, Elevator Pitch, Mindfulness, and body language if required.
Our team is here to help. This includes Jackie Rynn, Jobs Club Coordinator; Simon Yeates, Jobs Club Facilitator; Garry Desmond, Jobs Club Facilitator.
To join the Jobs Club, you can:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Call us at Kish House at 01-832 0995 (Ext. 303).
Clients of our Local Employment Service and the Department of Social Protection are also referred directly to the Jobs Club.