The Stop Smoking Programme offers support to people who wish to quit smoking in the areas where we work. We deliver this programme in partnership with the Health Services Executive.
We know from national surveys that up to 75% of smokers would like to quit for good. We also know that smokers are up to four times more likely to quit successfully with help. Our Lay Health Advocates, can offer free and friendly support and advice to help you take the first steps to quit for good.
The Stop Smoking Programme offers a combination of one to one and group support to individuals who wish to quit smoking. All supports are delivered by trained Lay Health Advocates and are completely free of charge.
In a one-to-one session, our advisors will:
- look at your desire and readiness to quit
- take a history of your smoking habit
- assess your nicotine addiction
- identify your reasons for quitting and any difficulties or risks of relapse
- create a personal plan to help you quit smoking
- measure your carbon monoxide levels
You can take part in the programme if:
- You are over 17 years of age
- You want to quit smoking
- You live in an area where we work.
People can refer themselves to the programme. We also take referrals from hospitals, health professionals and community organsiations working in the area.
Northside Partnership’s Stop Smoking Programme is calling on people living in Dublin 3, 5, 13 and 17 to join the Smoke Free Homes Challenge for 2017.
Smoke Free Homes aims to reduce exposure to second hand smoke in the home whilst raising awareness of passive smoking and the health risks, especially to children and young people.
Once registered, participants receive a Smoke Free Home Pack and sign a promise document where they commit to keeping their home smoke free for four weeks. During this time, the home may receive a random inspection to ensure the promise is being kept. At the end of the four-week challenge, participants receive a Smoke Free Home Certificate.
This programme will be running from May until September of 2017. Call our Smoking Cessation Team at 085 8478960 or 085 8478961 for more information.
How Does It Work?
Participants commit to either a Gold or Silver promise for a four week period:
- Silver: promise to limit smoking to just one area of the home and never in front of children
- Gold: promise to make your home and car totally smoke-free
Step by step Smoke Free Homes Challenge:
- Click here to sign up and pick your promise level and start date
- You will receive a Smoke Free Home Pack and Registration Form
- A member of our Stop Smoking team will visit you in your home to get you started
- You will receive a weekly check-in phone call and motivational text messages during the 4-week challenge
- You may receive a random home inspection during the 4-week challenge
- After four weeks, you will receive a final visit from our team who will do a carbon monoxide check on the air in your home.
- Those who successfully complete the challenge will receive a Smoke Free Home Certificate and will be entered into the monthly prize draw
Click here to sign up and pick your promise level and start date