Get the message Out – There Is Another Way is a group of community organisations that have a youth / addiction focus that were brought together by Northside Partnership following the increase in drug related crime and violence in the area.
The aim of the initiative is to inform young people and their families that there are alternatives to drugs and crime and that supports are available to them to avoid or exit this lifestyle.
To hear more, listen to: Northside Today: Get The Message Out – Near FM – Listen Again
Another Way 5K & 1K (under 13s) – Run, walk or roll through Darndale with family, friends and our community.
Join us on Saturday 29th April 2023 at 11.00 a.m.
This event is for all types of fitness levels if you want to Roll or Stroll it with family and friends or run a PB.
There will be activities for family fun including face paointing, coaching games and activities.
- 5 KM RUN/WALK/ROLL for adults & teens ages 14yrs and upward START TIME 11am Starting point: Corner of Tulip Court Entrance to park/Dressing Rooms
- 1 KM RUN/WALK/ROLL for kids under 13yrs old START TIME: 11.15am Starting point: Corner of Tulip Court Entrance to park/Dressing Rooms
- Activities area for family fun including face painting, games & entertainment.
- Medals and goody bags for those who pre-register and finish the route
5KM ROUTE BELOW
Links to the websites of the organisations involved are:
- working to let people know who may be involved in drug related activity that there is another way and there are supports available in the community.
- encouraging people to seek support should they need it
- encouraging young people in the area to engage in positive community activity
- encouraging people from the local community to get involved by promoting the message There is Another Way and in doing so highlighting their positive community engagement
GTMO does this through social media and advertising campaigns, music projects and skateboarding. T-shirts have been printed by men in Mountjoy prison, and local businessman, Conor Ryan is championing the project by sponsoring wristbands with a contact phone number that he hands out to his Buddy Cup customers.