The Labour Market Inclusion Programme was set up to help former drug misusers who have undergone a rehabilitation programme and who want to take the next steps towards rebuilding their lives.
It is a one to one education and training programme which offers a full range of supports to help former drug misusers to get back into education and employment. All supports are delivered on a one to one basis rather than in groups.
If you take part in the programme we will:
- Treat you with respect
- Support you to make the progress you want to make
- Offer you one to one support
- Help you to build a better future
- Help you with college applications and in looking for funding if you want to go to college
- Work with other services who are supporting you
We will offer you:
- One to one training including reading, writing and computer skills
- Support to find and use other training services
- Relaxation treatments, including therapeutic massage, reflexology, Indian head massage, integrated energy therapy and acupuncture
- Access to our Education Guidance service if you decide you want to go into further education
You can take part if you:
- Are over 18 years of age
- Are a former drug misuser
- Are interested in taking the next steps to rebuild your life
- Live in a neighbourhood where the Partnership works
If you would like to take part you should speak with your doctor who is treating you for your addiction, your addiction counsellor, or keyworker. You can ask them to fill out a referral form and send it to us. You can download the referral form at the bottom of this page.
When we get your referral form we will contact you to make an appointment to see one of our staff.
When you meet with us we will discuss what you would like help with, how your recovery is going and answer any questions that you have.
We will give you an appointment to come back to us after one week. During this week you will have time to think about whether the programme is right for you. During this week, we will also decide if we think the programme is the right place for you.
When we meet with you again one week later we will let you if you have a place on the programme.
If you are offered a place on the programme, we will talk to you about what parts of the programme you want to take part in.
If we do not offer you a place on the programme we will refer you back to your doctor, counsellor or keyworker.
The Labour Inclusion Programme is funded under the Social Inclusion Community Activation Programme through the Department of Rural and Community Development and the European Social Fund (ESF) and through the City of Dublin Education and Training Board (CDETB).